Tuesday, January 22, 2008

About Me...if you care to read!

I've been tagged (thanks anne!)...whatever that means. I have to list 7 things about myself that you may not know. hmmmm...I hate these things but here goes nothing...

1. I love the smell of a new book. The "new page" smell ranks right up there with the "new car" smell. And Magazines...love that smell too. Weird...maybe but I love it. Joey says I have a sensitive nose and taster. In my freezer right now I have some frozen rolls and every time I cook them they taste like bananas to me...I had some bananas that I forgot about and so the smell went everywhere in my freezer/refrig. He thinks I am making it up but I think all he tastes is good and bad!

2. I love music but I never know who sings the song. Being married to a music guy is great for me (in more than this way) but he always knows who sings the song. XM has made my life so much easier since it tells you who is singing and what song it is.

3. Barry Manilow is wonderful. I love his voice and even though people think he is not a looker I love to watch him sing...weird...I know!

4. I love being a Mama. I always knew I wanted to be a parent but I never knew how much I would love it. It is very frustrating at times but I would not have it any other way.

5. I always knew I would marry a minister. The Lord revealed to me in the 10th grade that I would be in the ministry. The older I got the more I knew that I would marry someone in the ministry. When I met and talked to Joey for the first time it was a lightning bolt moment for me. "HEAR HE IS...THIS IS YOUR HUSBAND" were in neon lights from the Lord. I think it is cool how God does things like that...we serve a great God!

6. Most people know this but in our 9 almost 10 years of marriage we have moved 9 times. Growing up, I lived in 3 houses...one of which I lived in from the time I was 3 months old until I was 18...who knew I would move so much as an adult!

7. I hate holding on to things that I have not used in a year. Moving a lot has made me someone that throws things out all the time. I "clean out" my closet at the end of every season...if I did not wear it this year I will not wear it next year! I have not always been that way. I remember packing up my room to move when I was getting married and there being so much junk...old bulletins from years ago...and several other things that my Mama said, "Just don't look...I am throwing it away!" Thanks Mama...who knew I would need to start learning that then...I had a lot of moving to do after that!

Well, it was not as hard as I thought...I am not going to tag anyone though...if you want to put 7 things about yourself on your blog...feel free!

No comments: