I have been waiting to post this. Don't know why. Our mind is made up.
Starting next school year I will be homeschooling Jordyn.
Ok, now that you have picked yourself up off the floor I will continue.
This has been a process. Since we lived in Natchez, homeschooling has always been a topic of discussion in our house. Because we could not afford private school and Natchez public schools were not the best, we decided that we would homeschool Jordyn. I was not excited. But, I knew that it was the only option.
Well, when we moved here to "His"nando all those things changed. We have GREAT schools here. Top in the state. There was not a question. Our children were going to public school and that was that. Joey and I went to public school and we turned out ok...no comments from the peanut gallery please...and that is what was going to happen.
Period. End of discussion.
Yeah, right.
Seems like every time I tell the Lord, "That's it...I've made up my mind!" HE changes my mind...funny how He works that way.
So, this year Jordyn went to public school. And she has loved it. And we have been very pleased with the education she has received. She is reading...and adding numbers...and having a blast!
But, here I am...thinking about homeschooling again.
So, I finally did the "Christian" thing and said, "FINE...I'll pray about it and really seek what You want for our family Lord."
And I did.
And He answered...like He always does.
And here we are....about to embark on an adventure that I never in a million years thought I would be embarking on.
And you know what...I could not be happier about it!
Funny how God works that way. I'm always so surprised how He changes me...but I shouldn't be. He is faithful and has our best interests in mind.
So, pray for me. Pray for Jordyn. Pray for Jana Claire. Pray for Joey. We all need it. It is going to be very different around here. But good. Because Our God is in control and we are following His lead.
3 comments:
I commend you Girl! I teach all day but don't know if I could home school ~ there are so many co-ops now in our area that give the mothers and children a chance to be with others. I have to admit, I have thought about it, but don't know if I could do it. I will pray for all 4 of you ~ I have some friends who homeschool and LOVE it. I could get your their info so you could talk to them if you are interested.
whew! what a hard decision! so glad you are at peace about it! Praying God's enormous blessings as you begin! We miss you guys!
You'll do awesome!!! I am excited for you guys!
Post a Comment