Can I just say that marriage is hard.
Marriage is hard.
There, I feel better now.
No one really told me how hard it was before Joey and I were married. Everyone was so excited for us when we got engaged and so were we. All we thought about for that time is the wedding day! We counted down the days.
The day came and it was wonderful!
Then the honeymoon. Just as wonderful!
Then you get home and life begins. And that is when it gets hard.
I will have to say that I did not go into marriage with "rose colored glasses". I knew it would be hard. But some of the things that are the most challenging were not on my radar at the time.
Saying all of that, this last month and a half has been the best of our marriage so far. Joey and I had one of the most honest conversations we have ever had in the 16 years we have been together and the Lord blessed our honesty.
I have prayed for our marriage for a while now. It has never been bad but I knew that it was not the best it could be. And the Lord put all the right circumstances in place for us to have honest communication. Amazing how the Lord changes us when we are willing to obey.
So, that is my soap box for the day.
Marriage is hard and it takes work. But in the end it is worth all the blood, sweat and tears.
I love being married.
No comments:
Post a Comment