Sunday, January 09, 2011

Happy New Year...a little late

It has been so long since I have blogged that I am really ashamed that I even say I have a blog.

Life is busy as a mom and educator. I knew that homeschooling would be different and busy but who knew that I would barely have time to read others blogs much less write on my own.

We are doing well. As, you have read from our last post (thanks Joey) Jordyn accepted Christ on Sunday night November 21st. Today she walked down at church and on February 27th Joey will baptize her. We are super excited! What a difference Jesus has made in her life already. I was amazed at how different she acted after she accepted Jesus. Such an wonder difference Jesus makes!

Jana Claire is growing so fast. Talking more and more every day and all day long! She is so different from Jordyn. In good and bad ways! But I love them both so much. The Lord has truly blessed me with two wonderful little girls.

School is going well. We are both enjoying it. It is the hardest and most challenging thing I have done but also very rewarding. She is learning so much and I am amazed that I am the one that is teaching her! I'm not the best teacher but she is retaining so much.

Our church is going great! We set a goal of $120,000 for Lottie Moon Christmas Offering this year and as of this morning we have received a little over $126,000! Amazing! This is enough to support almost 3 missionary units on the field for a year! AMEN! GOD IS GOOD!

As I sit here tonight, the snow is coming down hard outside. We should wake up to about 7 or 8 inches in the morning. I love the first snow of the year! I love experiencing it through the girls eyes. I think snow is better as a Mama than it was as a kid! One of the great things about home school is that I will be able to play outside in the morning, teach in the afternoon and no Saturday school this year to make up this snow day!

Maybe since Joey will be home tomorrow too I can take and post some pictures with the girls in the snow. Because I know that is really all you care about seeing....

Hope everyone is having a great year so far. I am looking forward to see what the Lord has in store for us this year!

No comments: